Manufacture & Construction of Artificial Rugby Surfaces & Pitches
How are 3G rugby pitch surfaces made?
The realistic feel of our pitches is created by using a tufted surface with an infill - typically made of sand, rubber or a combination of the two. The surface is constructed with a 'pile', much the same as a carpet, and then infilled to give the surface a very similar feel to a natural grass pitch.
We also recommend that a shock pad is used below the playing surface on all installations, as this helps prevent the surface from hardening. Over the long term, this will help maintain the natural feel of the pitch and ensure that it remains comfortable to play on.
What do you need to consider when looking for a 3G rugby pitch?
There are many things to consider when installing a 3G rugby pitch, of which the following are some of the more important ones:
- Surface - For 3G rugby pitches, we offer a tufted monofilament playing surface with a sand and rubber infill. This surface closely replicates the playing experience of a natural grass pitch.
- Maintenance - 3G pitches are cheaper to maintain than natural grass pitches, but you should still consider how you will manage the upkeep of the pitch and choose a surface that you can realistically maintain. We can advise you on the type and level of maintenance required for each of our surfaces.
- Cost - Budget will of course be a key consideration, but with our range of playing surfaces, we can give you a number of different options to choose from in order to meet your budget.
- Approval - The RFL and RFU now provide official guidance via Sport England on the following link; Guidance can be found here.
Why should you deal with Playrite for your 3G rugby pitch?
We manufacture our pitches in the UK and they are installed right across the country. Many have even been installed in other parts of the world. Here are some more reasons why you should consider working with us on your 3G rugby pitch project:
- Experience - We have been installing sport and play surfaces since 1991, and our parent company National Floorcoverings dates back even further.
- Quality - We manufacture all our own surfaces and are ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited.
- UV Stable - To ensure the longevity of our pitches, we use the highest UV Stabiliser in our fibres to minimise the effects of exposure to UV.
- Tested - Our pitches are thoroughly tested to IRB standards, including their impact performance for player collision with the surface.
- Peace of Mind - All of our 3G rugby pitches are backed by a minimum 5-Year Warranty.
For more information or to discuss your 3G Rugby Pitch project, please call 01924 412488 or click here