If you’re looking to install an artificial 3G football pitch, we have the products, experience and service you need. We manufacture all of our own surfaces at our factory in West Yorkshire, and install them all over the UK. Our 3G football pitches offer a highly realistic playing experience, with significantly lower maintenance costs than a grass pitch.
Call today on 01924 412488CONTACT US
What is a 3G pitch?
The name 3G simply stands for ‘third generation’ - a new type of artificial, all-weather pitch using synthetic materials. These pitches are a significant improvement over early types of artificial pitches. They offer a very realistic bounce and ball roll, meaning a playing experience that is virtually the same as when playing on grass. This type of pitch has now even been used in UEFA Champions League games.
How are 3G football pitch surfaces made?
The realistic feel of our pitches is created by using a tufted surface, with a sand and rubber infill. The surface is constructed with a ‘pile’, much the same as a carpet, and then infilled with sand and rubber, which gives the surface a very similar feel to a natural grass pitch.
We also recommend that a shock pad is used below the playing surface on all installations, as this helps prevent the surface from hardening. Over the long term, this will help maintain the natural feel of the pitch and ensure that it remains comfortable to play on.
What do you need to consider when looking for a 3G football pitch?
There are many things to consider when installing a 3G football pitch, and the following are some of the more important ones:
- Surface - For 3G football pitches, we offer 6 options with 3 different pile heights. We will discuss your requirements with you to find the surface that gives the best playing experience for your needs. All of our football pitches are tufted, which is the only option to truly match the performance criteria of a natural pitch.
- Maintenance - 3G pitches are cheaper to maintain than natural grass pitches, but you should still consider how you will manage the upkeep of the pitch and choose a surface that you can realistically manage to maintain. We can advise you on the type and level of maintenance required for each of our surfaces.
- Cost - Budget will of course be a key consideration. With our range of playing surfaces, we can give you a number of different options to choose from in order to meet your budget.
Why should you contact Playrite for your 3G football pitch?
We manufacture our pitches in the UK and install them right across the country. Many have even been installed in other parts of the world. Here are some more reasons why you should consider working with us on your 3G football pitch project:
- Experience - We have been installing sport and play surfaces since 1991, and our parent company National Floorcoverings dates back to 1873.
- Quality - We manufacture all of our own surfaces and are ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited.
- Accredited - Our 3G football pitches are independently classified as IATS (International Artificial Turf Standard) quality, equivalent to FIFA 1 star performance rating.
- UV Stable - To ensure the longevity of our pitches, we use the highest UV Stabiliser in our fibres to minimise the effects of exposure to UV
- Peace of Mind - All of our 3G football pitches are backed by a minimum 5-Year Warranty.
For more information or to discuss your 3G Football Pitch project, contact us here or call 01924 412488