For MUGA installations, here at Playrite, we offer 4 surface options. Tufted surfaces with a high pile are best for football and rugby, as they accurately recreate the feeling of a natural grass surface. However, for small ball sports such as hockey and tennis, a needle punch surface is more appropriate.
What about colours?
Many tufted type surfaces are restricted in colour such as terracotta, green and blue. Our needle-punch surfaces are readily available in over 12 colours and if the facility requires a specific Pantone colour this also can be considered.
How do I maintain my MUGA pitch?
Artificial surfaces are cheaper to maintain than natural grass pitches, but you should still consider how you will manage the upkeep of the pitch and choose a surface that you can realistically manage to maintain. We can advise you on the type and level of maintenance required for each of our surfaces.
Why you should choose a Playrite MUGA Pitch:
- Versatile and hard-wearing.
- Manufactured in a range of fibre options to suit.
- Available in a range of colours.
- All meet EN15330 standards.
- Meet various governing body accreditations.
- CAD visualisation of pitch and line markings available.
- Optional shock pads are available.
Our MUGA Pitch solutions have been installed in a number of schools and sports clubs up and down the country as well as exported for use abroad.