We have the products, experience and service you need to install an artificial grass, synthetic clay or indoor tennis court. We manufacture all of our own surfaces at our factory in West Yorkshire and install them all over the UK. Our synthetic tennis court surfaces offer a realistic, natural game and are significantly cheaper and easier to maintain than a real court. They are also suitable for Padel - one of the world’s fastest-growing sports.
Call today on 01924 412488CONTACT US
What are the options for Artificial Tennis Courts?
Artificial tennis courts can reproduce the feel and play of grass or clay courts and can very closely imitate their ability to take shots with slice and spin. The slower surfaces can be better-suited to less-experienced players and the softer surfaces can be easier on joints and help reduce injuries. Our surfaces cover each of the ITF’s five pace ratings, to give you the best choice for your Sports Club.
Indoor courts are also popular as they offer year-round tennis, also with a lower-level of impact on joints compared with a hard-court surface. Our surfaces are ready to use within as little as 30 minutes after rainfall, keeping your members happy and giving you the best possible use of your courts.
How are Artificial Tennis Court surfaces made?
Our outdoor courts are typically a tufted or needlepunch surface - these are simply two different manufacturing techniques. The main difference is that tufted surfaces have a higher ‘pile’, much like a carpet. Outdoor courts will then typically include a clay or sand infill, to help imitate the effects of a real grass or clay court. Our indoor courts are all a needlepunch surface, with no infill.
We manufacture all of our own surfaces, here in the UK. All are backed by a minimum 5-year warranty, and all outdoor courts are ‘UV stable’. The outdoor courts also come with a range of different pace ratings, so that the surface of courts can be matched appropriately with the standard of tennis to be played.
What do you need to consider when looking for an Artificial Tennis Court?
There are many things to consider when installing an artificial tennis court, and the following are some of the more important ones:
- Surface - We offer a range of different surfaces to suit the requirements of the club, the standard of tennis and your budget and maintenance requirements. For outdoor courts there are 5 surface options covering each of the ITF’s pace ratings; from 1 (slow) to 5 (fast). We can help you find the right one for your tennis Club’s needs.
- Maintenance - Artificial courts are very simple to maintain, but it is important that you keep up with your maintenance on them to ensure that playing quality remains high. We can explain what you need to do to keep your courts in good condition.
- Cost - Budget will of course be a key consideration. With our range of playing surfaces, we can give you a number of different options to choose from in order to meet your budget.
Why should you contact Playrite for your Artificial Tennis Court?
We manufacture our surfaces in the UK and install them right across the country. Many have even been installed in other parts of the world. Here are some more reasons why you should consider working with us for your tennis court:
- Experience - We have been installing sport and play surfaces since 1991, and our parent company National Floorcoverings dates back to 1873.
- Quality - We manufacture all of our own surfaces and are ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited.
- UV Stable - To ensure the longevity of our courts, we use the highest UV Stabiliser in our fibres to minimise the effects of exposure to UV.
- Peace of Mind - All of our tennis courts are backed by a minimum 5-Year Warranty.
For more information or to discuss your Artificial Tennis Court project, contact us here or call 01924 412488