If you’re looking to install a multi-use games area (or MUGA), we have all the products, experience and service you need. MUGA surfaces are growing rapidly in popularity and we already have the expertise to help you make the best use of your facility for multiple sports and activities. Contact us today to discuss your project.
Call today on 01924 412488CONTACT US
What is a MUGA?
As the name suggests, a multi-use games area is one that can be used for a variety of different sports and activities. Understandably, they are becoming very popular with sports clubs, schools and other organisations that have limited facilities and need to get the best possible use out of them.
A MUGA will consist of an artificial, all-weather sports surface made with synthetic materials, which will typically include multiple pitch markings for different sports. Those pitch markings are colour-coded to match each sport. For example, football markings may be one colour whereas hockey, netball and basketball markings are all different again. A MUGA is suitable for year-round use.
How are Multi Use Games Areas made?
The way that your MUGA is made will depend on a number of factors. The most important one is the combination of different sports you intend to play on it. There is no one type of synthetic sports surface that suits all sports equally. However, we have a wide range of surface options and the expertise to help you select the one that’s best for your needs.
From our factory in West Yorkshire we manufacture needlepunch, woven and tufted surfaces. These are all slightly different manufacturing processes, but all are backed by a minimum 5-year warranty, and all surfaces are ‘UV stable’.
Depending on the surface you choose, there may also be a sand or rubber infill (or a combination of the two) to give a more realistic feel.
What do you need to consider when looking for a MUGA?
There are many things to consider when installing a MUGA, and the following are some of the more important ones:
- Surface - For MUGA installations, we offer 6 surface options. Tufted surfaces with a high pile are best for football and rugby, as they accurately recreate the feeling of a natural grass surface. However, for small ball sports such as hockey and tennis, a shorter pile tufted surface or needlepunch may be more appropriate. We will discuss your requirements with you to ensure that you find the right surface to meet your needs.
- Maintenance - Artificial 3G surfaces are cheaper to maintain than natural grass pitches, but you should still consider how you will manage the upkeep of the pitch and choose a surface that you can realistically manage to maintain. We can advise you on the type and level of maintenance required for each of our surfaces.
- Cost - Budget will of course be a key consideration. With our range of MUGA surfaces, we can give you a number of different options to choose from in order to meet your budget.
Why should you talk to Playrite for your Multi Use Games Area?
We manufacture our surfaces in the UK and install them right across the country. Many have even been installed in other parts of the world. Here are some more reasons why you should consider working with us on your MUGA project:
- Experience - We have been installing sport and play surfaces since 1991, and our parent company National Floorcoverings dates back to 1873.
- Quality - We manufacture all of our own surfaces and are ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited.
- UV Stable - To ensure the longevity of our pitches, we use the highest UV Stabiliser in our fibres to minimise the effects of exposure to UV
- Peace of Mind - All of our MUGA surfaces are backed by a minimum 5-Year Warranty.
For more information or to discuss your MUGA installation project, contact us here or call 01924 412488