Artificial Hockey Surfaces & Pitches
How are astroturf hockey pitch surfaces made?
The realistic feel of our pitches is created by using either a tufted or needlepunch surface, with a sand infill. The surface is constructed with a ‘pile’, much the same as a carpet, and then infilled with sand, which gives the surface a very similar feel to a natural grass pitch.
Our hockey pitches all come with a shorter pile than you might expect to find on artificial football pitches or rugby pitches. Not only does that make them well-suited to the pace of hockey, but it also means that they are suitable for multi-use games areas, if your surface needs to be used for other sports.
For hockey pitches we also recommend installing a ‘shockpad’ below the playing surface which helps reduce injuries whilst also protecting the quality of the playing surface. Our hockey pitch surfaces are all suitable for playing and training on for players at all levels right the way from schools, through to elite and professional levels. They are designed and constructed to give exceptional performance all year round.
What do you need to consider when looking for an astroturf hockey pitch?
There are many things to consider when installing an astroturf hockey pitch, and the following are some of the more important ones:
- Surface - For hockey pitches, we offer a range of 5 different options of either tufted or needlepoint construction. All come with a sand infill to give that realistic roll and movement of the ball, along with support and comfort under the foot, with minimal impact on joints.
- Maintenance - Astroturf hockey pitches are cheaper to maintain than natural grass pitches, but you should still consider how you will manage the upkeep of the pitch and choose a surface that you can realistically manage to maintain. We can advise you on the type and level of maintenance required for each of our surfaces.
- Cost - Budget will of course be a key consideration. With our range of playing surfaces, we can give you a number of different options to choose from in order to meet your budget.
Why should you deal with Playrite for your astroturf hockey pitch?
We manufacture our pitches in the UK and install them right across the country. Many have even been installed in other parts of the world. Here are some more reasons why you should consider working with us on your hockey pitch project:
- Experience - We have been installing sport and play surfaces since 1991, and our parent company National Floorcoverings dates back to 1873.
- Quality - We manufacture all of our own surfaces and are ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited.
- Accredited - Our artificial hockey pitches meet FIH national performance standards and EN15330 standards.
- UV Stable - To ensure the longevity of our pitches, we use the highest UV Stabiliser in our fibres to minimise the effects of exposure to UV.
- Peace of Mind - All our artificial turf hockey pitches are backed by a minimum 5-year warranty.
For more information or to discuss your Hockey Pitch project, please call 01924 412488 or click here