If you’re looking to install an artificial cricket pitch, we have the products, experience and service you need. We manufacture all our cricket surfaces at our West Yorkshire factory with grades to fit all requirements including the most testing international standards for pace, bounce and feel off the pitch. Call us today on 01924 412488 or contact us through the website to discuss your project.
Call today on 01924 412488CONTACT US
Why use an Artificial Cricket Pitch?
Artificial surfaces offer realistic play with significantly lower maintenance costs than a natural grass wicket. The three main types of artificial cricket pitch surface are woven, tufted and needlepunch and because we manufacture all three of these surfaces, we are the only supplier able to offer impartial advice, but we strongly recommend a woven surface for cricket.
The reasons we recommend a woven surface are:
- Strength - Tensile strength tests have shown that woven surfaces stand up better to continued use. This means that in high use areas, they are considerably less likely to stretch.
- Drainage - The natural porosity of the woven material lends itself better to quick, effective drainage. However, our Tufted surfaces have holes punching in to the backing to improve drainage.
- Resistance to spikes - When spikes are used, the construction of a woven surface means that it will puncture to contain the impact from the spike, whereas a tufted surface comes with a much higher risk of tearing.
- Durability - Tests have shown that both our woven and tufted cricket surfaces experience less than 5% wear even after 2,000 cycles.
Whilst we recommend a woven surface, we recognise the importance of budgets, so our range of cricket surfaces includes options for woven, tufted and needlepunch. Whichever surface you choose, we also recommend a shock pad is installed underneath to protect the playing surface and improve the comfort of those playing on it.
How are Artificial Cricket Pitch surfaces made?
The manufacturing processes vary between the different surfaces, but all are made at our factory in West Yorkshire, and we are ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited. Our woven surfaces are manufactured with a non-directional pile for realistic play characteristics.
What do you need to consider when looking for an Artificial Pitch?
There are many things to consider when installing an artificial cricket pitch, of which the following are some of the more important ones:
- Surface - We offer 3 surface options - woven, tufted or needlepunch. We will discuss your requirements with you to find the surface that gives the best playing experience for your needs.
- Maintenance - Artificial pitches are cheaper to maintain than natural grass pitches, but you should still consider how you will manage the upkeep of the pitch and choose a surface that you can realistically manage to maintain. We can advise you on the type and level of maintenance required for each of our surfaces.
- Cost - Budget will of course be a key consideration. With our range of playing surfaces, we can give you a number of different options to choose from in order to meet your budget.
- System - We recommend that our surfaces are used in systems designed by leading suppliers such as Dura-Sport Limited, Club Turf, Verde Sports and Exclusive Leisure.
Why should you contact Playrite for your cricket wicket or surface?
We manufacture our pitches in the UK and install them right across the country. Many have even been installed in other parts of the world. Here are some more reasons why you should consider working with us:
For more information or to discuss your Cricket Pitch project, contact us here or call 01924 412488
Click here to download our Tough on tufted leaflet.
- Experience - We have been installing sport and play surfaces since 1991, and our parent company National Floorcoverings dates back to 1873.
- Quality - We manufacture all our own surfaces, which are ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited.
- UV Stable - To ensure the longevity of our wickets, we use the highest UV Stabiliser in our fibres to minimise the effects of exposure to UV.
- Peace of Mind - All of our wickets and pitches are backed by a minimum 5-Year Warranty.